Search the forum,

Discuss Watch them grinder blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Today i was using the grinder to do a socket cut in a 10x10 porcelain when the thing jumped and caught my fore finger :yikes::yikes::yikes:
All i could see was a deep grind out of my finger right beside a vein !!!It burnt my skin too so extremely little blood.
I checked the Marcrist CK850 blade,it was well wore but actually had a piece missing from it:yikes:
also a few cracks visible so this is damn dangerous if not caught on in time.
I was lucky i didn't dig deeper into my finger or sever the vein !!
Check your blades please:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Hope you're ok Joe, my brother had a disc shatter on him a couple of years ago, since then I check mine regular. He was very lucky, he ended up with a huge lump on his thumb knuckle the size of a golf ball but it could've been far worse. :yikes:

W

White Room

Don't use grinders to many good quality wet cutting machines available:whistling:

H

hillhead

It's dangerous when things like that happen,i had no pain but a bad gash on my hand which my wife had bandaged up to try and pull it close! hope it works.

D

DHTiling

I have a Dewalt grinder..( got it with the Dewalt wet cutter) and i have a Norton turbo blade in.. no probs at all with it.

Now the marcrist is a thin blade and IMO they are to watch as they can warp with heat quicker than say the normal 2mm thick blades, and warping can cause them to shatter.

I only use mine for stone work.. dressing internal corner cuts and plunge cuts and shaping curves...etc etc.

So it is only cutting softer materials and not hard tiles like porcelain...

S

Scott

Ouch! Good job it cauterised itself with the heat.

Ive seen a couple of nasty injuries with larger grinders and dont like them at all. Mate took his top lip off under his nose cutting a doorway in a wall. His moustache was down the side of his mouth and you could see all his teeth!

M

mikethetile

ive had some nasty cuts from grinder blades and still have the scars, problem is you take flesh out to the width of the blade so the cut cant close up, it does heal but its slow and leaves a scar

R

Rob Z

Joe, OUCH. I was careless with a grinder about 10 years ago and it cut my middle finger deeply. :yikes: Now I'm a bit more careful.

P

paulyoung666

it is always worth making sure that a halfwit aint passed you a grinder with a stone blade in it when grinding metal :mad2:

Reply to Watch them grinder blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen