Currently reading:
Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw and Norton Clipper TT200EM

Discuss Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw and Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

slatecutter

Hi all

I'd recently been asking about the dewalt d2400 and montolit wet saws. I'd still like something like this in the future but funds aren't going to stretch that far currently...

A table top bench cutter is going to be better for my needs
What are these like?
1.Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw
2. Norton Clipper TT200EM

They are both about the same price, cheapest I've seen is the Vitrex at £100 and the Norton at £104 - £130 before Vat.

Do you they both have a professional trade warranty?
The Norton is a slighlty larger blade and motor size (200mm and 800w)

many thanks

S

slatecutter

Can't comment on the Vitrex but I have the Norton and can't fault it :thumbsup:
Don't forget you get 2 blades with the Norton so this will more than make up for any slight price difference between it and the Vitrex...

Unfortuantly it seems it comes with just a single blade now according to the main norton clipper eu website.:thumbsdown:

I've asked for a couple of quotes off trade tiller so I'll have to wait and see what the best prices are.

S

slatecutter

S

slatecutter

Ah cheers, the company on their website has it with a single blade but the same company on the well known auction site states 2 blades... I shall be ringing the comapany shortly.:thumbsup:

Damn, the firm says "we've none of 2 balde machines left, when the lad is in tomorrow we'll be taking it off ebay":thumbsdown:

Anyone know where there is a supplier that has a 2 blader left???

D

DHTiling

If you find a product cheaper else where that trade tiler sells then he will price match...

price-match.jpg
price-match.jpg
Tradetiler Price Match

Tradetiler would like the opportunity to gain your business before you go elsewhere.

We endeavour to keep our prices low. We can't keep an eye on our competitors all of the time so we promise to,
where ever possible, do our best to match or even beat genuine prices of a competitor

Please contact us before ordering by: e-mail (preferred), Phone (01455 230 555) or fax (01455 619 537)

It will be helpful to know the following:

• Your name and a contact phone number (so we can confirm we are matching or beating the price)
  • The product name and model number (if applicable)
  • A URL (web address) of our competitor web site
  • The fully inclusive price on the competitor web site including. VAT & delivery
Once a purchase has been made, Tradetiler will not refund any deference in price. Please confirm your price match with us first

Tradetiler reserves the right not to sell our products if an agreement can not be made between us and you the customer.

K

kaharrison9

I've got a clipper,powerful,great value and have had no probs with cutting at all.
Would say though the chrome bed seems to rust very quickly,the carrier that comes with it is designed to hold the spare bits doesn't seem to hold them well so can be a pain shutting the lid and also would be great if the black plug was some how attached to the cutter so as not risk chance of loosing it.

S

slatecutter

auntiemaryscanary
I got 6 or so quotes and everyone was v professional.
Well after what I had been using (a low end plasplugs) this is like a Rolls-Royce, ok a Jag at least. Why didn't I buy something like this before?

A couple of downsides, the drain plug is loose, I nearly lost it after 2 hours and the the cutting bed will get rusty I'm sure but all in all I'm well chuffed:smilewinkgrin:

Me and TT in action

Can't get the damn pic in, grrr. maybe now as an attachemnt??

Attachments

• P1000287.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by a moderator:
S

slatecutter

Take it it spits a lot of water out judging from the pictures?
Not that I've loads of experience with tile saws, but it doesn't spray that much water - its more to do with the operator. First off I overfilled and it did spary everywhere upto a metre! Also I'm not the tidiest worker. I'd done about 300 individual cuts by the time the pic was taken and perhaps most importantly the blade protecting cover tends to get silted/pasted up behind it quite quickly so whenever I changed the water I was running the saw and pouring water down the blade from the cutting deck to get out all the slate paste, so yet more water sloshing about than really required.

The cheapo plasplug I had didn't suffer from this as the blade was open into the water and protected by the lid/deck which looks as tho its the same principle for the Vitrex. I've thought about running the TT200 without the blade guard but thought better of it. I'm going to try adding a couple of washers between the body of the machine and the blade protective cover to allow the slate paste to flow out more easily.

The blades that come with it are impressive mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw and Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.