Search the forum,

Discuss Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw and Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Beags

Will one be better than the other in terms of supporting the tile when feeding it though the blade. Both seem to have a relatively small top (I know you get what you pay for) but is one better..... I've never cut tiles so big before.... or ever for that matter:smilewinkgrin:

S

Scott

The vitrex certainly looks like the plasplugs one, if it is the same you will need a wet suit of a plastic bib as i get soaked when i use mine. The vitrex guide/measure stop looks better than the plasplugs one as it tends to move on mine when you set it up.

Have you considered 2nd hand?

B

Beags

I haven't to be honest although I will look into it now. Is there kit for sale on this site? I will check myself though. Any other recommendations other than trying Ebay?

Thanks
Chris

S

slatecutter

i have the norton and cant complain they are still doing the one with 2 blades on the well known auction site :thumbsup:
Ah cheers, the company on their website has it with a single blade but the same company on the well known auction site states 2 blades... I shall be ringing the comapany shortly.:thumbsup:

S

slatecutter

Ah cheers, the company on their website has it with a single blade but the same company on the well known auction site states 2 blades... I shall be ringing the comapany shortly.:thumbsup:

Damn, the firm says "we've none of 2 balde machines left, when the lad is in tomorrow we'll be taking it off ebay":thumbsdown:

Anyone know where there is a supplier that has a 2 blader left???

R

richard Kent

Beags the cheapest price for the Vitrex was toppstiles and the Marcrist was Toolstation

D

DHTiling

If you find a product cheaper else where that trade tiler sells then he will price match...

price-match.jpg
price-match.jpg
Tradetiler Price Match

Tradetiler would like the opportunity to gain your business before you go elsewhere.

We endeavour to keep our prices low. We can't keep an eye on our competitors all of the time so we promise to,
where ever possible, do our best to match or even beat genuine prices of a competitor

Please contact us before ordering by: e-mail (preferred), Phone (01455 230 555) or fax (01455 619 537)

It will be helpful to know the following:

• Your name and a contact phone number (so we can confirm we are matching or beating the price)
  • The product name and model number (if applicable)
  • A URL (web address) of our competitor web site
  • The fully inclusive price on the competitor web site including. VAT & delivery
Once a purchase has been made, Tradetiler will not refund any deference in price. Please confirm your price match with us first

Tradetiler reserves the right not to sell our products if an agreement can not be made between us and you the customer.

S

Scott

Not really unles ayone has one for sale on here. I looked at Ebay for a Raimondi (?) Never heard of it before, it was cheap but weighed in at 85kg!! So maybe worth asking that question if you do go down that route. I' personally wouldnt be able to get that in and out of my van without a ramp.

K

kaharrison9

I've got a clipper,powerful,great value and have had no probs with cutting at all.
Would say though the chrome bed seems to rust very quickly,the carrier that comes with it is designed to hold the spare bits doesn't seem to hold them well so can be a pain shutting the lid and also would be great if the black plug was some how attached to the cutter so as not risk chance of loosing it.

Reply to Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw and Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen