Discuss Using flexible upstand - which side do boards go? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm using a flat-topped resin shower tray, the instructions say to use a flexible adhesive upstand so I have bought a classi-seal one.

Backer boards are wedi, I'm attaching to brick wall using metal dowels after dot and dabbing onto the brick.

What I'm not quite sure on is how far to run the wedi board down the wall, should this go to the floor with the shower tray and upstand butted up (and adhered to the upstand?!), or should I drop the boards on top of the tray, in front of the upstand? I'm not sure whether dropping boards in top of the tray will mess with the fitting of the shower frame?

I've asked this question elsewhere and get conflicting answers!

Reply to Using flexible upstand - which side do boards go? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks