Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Under Mix Bagged Adhesive? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

SteUK

Doing our bathroom over. Just finishing off putting backer board up and thinking about the tanking and actual tiling. Suddenly had a mini panic attack that I am not mixing up the adhesive enough. Mixing by hand, I never seemed to be doing it in large enough amounts that a paddle worked for me. So....My question...

Is it possible to under mix bagged adhesive (Mapei in my case) ? What would be the result if you do? The boards are stuck on fast, tried to pull a small section off by hand (that isn't mechanically fixed like other bits), and there is no moving it! So the boards are stuck on well I should say. Some have been on 6 months now!

Thanks!
Ste

S

SteUK

Everyone loves a picture or two, so here are some :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

J

J Sid

I always Mechanically mix, you will need to read the bag, go on the adhesive manufacturers website, search the Tec sheets and small print on the product you are using for there recommendations for how to mix if you want to retain any hope of them guaranteeing it if you decide to mix by hand.

S

SJPurdy

Typically the powder (pre mixed cement, fillers, additive) just needs to be stirred until it becomes a smooth paste that is free of lumps. Even if using a mechanical mixer it needs to be moved around in the mix so that the above smooth paste is obtained. If there are any lumps of drier material in the paste then it is not mixed enough.

I'd recommend anyone using any tile adhesive, grout, etc. etc. should download the data sheet for the product before using it.

Reply to Under Mix Bagged Adhesive? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks