Search the forum,

Discuss UFH advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david robson

am I on the right lines please.
Job 10 sq mtrs onto concrete substrate. Intend laying 10mm ekoboard with flexible adhesive. Lay heating cables onto eko board at 60mm spacing fixing in place with hot glue gun. Lay thermostat prob between cable 1m in from wall. 7mm bed of flexible adhesive lay 300mm. tiles with 4mm spacing.
Does my method sound correct?
Which is the best adhesive and grout to use?

G

grumpygrouter

I would skim over the top with SLC before tiling. Any single part flexy or rapid set equivalent with flexible grout will be fine. It depends what is available in your area. Youwon't go wrong with the likes of Mapei, Ardex or Bal adhesives. My favorite floor grout is Mapei Ultracolor plus.

D

david robson

thanks for reply grumpygrouter why would you skim with SLC and to what thickness would you recomend

P

pt44

You can cover the heating cables with either tile adhesive or slc - self levelling compound. However, using the slc is easier, as you can simply spread it out over the entire area. This means that when laying the tile adhesive, you can press your trowel down nicely, without worrying about damaging the cable, as it is covered. Thickness of SLC is just enough to cover the cables.

Paul

I use Weber adhesive. Thick set, or SPF (rapid or not) are both fine for UFH.

D

david robson

thanks pt44. bought the gear now using mapei keraquick to stick ekoboard to concrete and also for tiles

B

bigandy

Do n't forget to do your continuity tests before and after every stage of the instal as this could save you lots of time having to rip it up if there is anything wrong

Reply to UFH advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen