Search the forum,

Discuss Two separate shower traps? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Currently doing a few bathrooms in a high end new build, and the water pressure and flow rate are both very high, and the customer is adamant he wants the showers as powerful as can be... my concern is that if I screed in only a single waste, its not going to cope, ive seen a few companies do double or triple traps on one waste, but has anyone ever put two separate wastes in one wet room?

W

Waluigi

Just to add, calculate the flow rate of your showers vs the flow rate of your traps. Some traps are better than others at letting water pass through them quickly

W

Waluigi

Just had a quick look at some wastes- ranges between 40 to 60 litres per minute on the couple I looked at.

60 litres.........That’s a lot of water.

W

WetSaw

All depends on whether you're using formers or trays and what your options for traps are. 50mm pipe will obviously have more flow than 40mm and if you can run 2 separate ones to the soil stack ( not 2 into 1 before the stack) even better.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All depends on whether you're using formers or trays and what your options for traps are. 50mm pipe will obviously have more flow than 40mm and if you can run 2 separate ones to the soil stack ( not 2 into 1 before the stack) even better.
Yeah I can run two straight in to the stack and that's my current thought, I'm going to screed the trap/traps in

Reply to Two separate shower traps? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen