Discuss Training colleges, to many choices… help! in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all, new here :) I know this question has been asked a few times so apologies advance.

I’m looking train to become a tiller and a Google search and we find lots of training providers each offering tilling courses at different duration/ levels , most have great reviews so it makes it harder to establish one trainer.

My question is what training collage did you use? Why were they good/bad? How did you feel after? Was there on going support? Where are you now in your career?

Follow up question to experienced tillers, what makes a good tiler?

Thank you advance, Sam

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it was a worthwhile investment. I've been going about 3.5 years now and am constantly busy, really well booked up, earning a very good day rate and on the whole, enjoying it.

I'm far from well experienced as a Tiler, as there are others on here and elsewhere who have been doing the job for 30 plus years (I dont know how as it's hard on your back and knees)! So fair play to all who have been going that long. In my short time however, I'd say what makes a good tiler is somebody professional and conscientious enough to take their time to deliver a quality job every time and somebody who is up to date with the latest guidelines and correct fixing methods etc. I have seen so many time served tilers using completely the wrong installation methods etc, just because it's "how they've always done it".

My only word of caution at present would be to check just how many tilers there are in your area. I can see with the squeeze on household spending, things will at some point potentially take a downturn for tradesman, so it may not be the wisest time to get started. I could of course be wrong with that, but i'd really give it some thought.

I'm established now, so dont need to worry so much, but if looking to set up new in the depths of recession (which we will be by the time you get started), it could be a little risky.

Bes of luck whatever you decide. Overall, it's hard work, messy, your hands, back and knees will hurt at times, but if you're good it can pay well and give you freedom that a regular 9 to 5 office job likely wont.

Reply to Training colleges, to many choices… help! in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks