Search the forum,

Discuss Topps charging for TAF's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm currently working on a TAF job. I asked the lady of the house if she would be willing to pay £19.99 for an Topps Approved fitter to come out and quote for her tiling job. She said 'Why should I pay for something when I can pick up the phone and get a tiler around to quote free of charge'.

D

doug boardley

I'm currently working on a TAF job. I asked the lady of the house if she would be willing to pay £19.99 for an Topps Approved fitter to come out and quote for her tiling job. She said 'Why should I pay for something when I can pick up the phone and get a tiler around to quote free of charge'.
straight from the horses mouth, (so to speak!)

M

mart08

I'm a Taf and was told that the charge was for the guarantee and not for going out to quote the customer! Will clarify this on my next visit to topps.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm a Taf and was told that the charge was for the guarantee and not for going out to quote the customer! Will clarify this on my next visit to topps.
I got told that today too. So the quote is free but when the customer goes ahead with the service and purchases their materials a fee of £19.99 will appear on their receipt. Lots of places now charge for services that used to be free. Kitchen companies, carpet companies charge customers for home visits I was told by Topps. I don't know whether that is true or not because I have not bought a kitchen or carpets for years.

Reply to Topps charging for TAF's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen