Discuss Timber to screed with limestone in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve got a timber to concrete floor to do. I haven’t done one for ages and when I did it was on the request of the builder so the responsibility was on him. This one though is for an old couple who have picked a 20mm limestone to be laid random bond across the joint so I don’t have the luxury of a cold expansion joint on the edge of the tile. I viewed it this morning and my theory was to hardibackert the lot and glue screw the wood end with a board bridging the joint. I know people on here will be screaming expansion joint, expansion joint but can I not?

T

Time's Ran Out

Doubt if anyone could speculate on the amount expansion of an unseen joint!
I would suggest you consider an uncoupling layer for Stone whatever substrate preparation you decide on.

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve talked them into turning the bond and it works out lovely on the end of a tile where the timber meets screed. My idea is Hardi backer the timber and lay durabase over the 2 Screeder parts (one being the 2nd extension). I will then taper the level change from board to mat. My next question is how far past the timber would be advisable before starting the durabase?

2C612951-4BA9-4DCD-8740-008FB69409EA.jpeg

Reply to Timber to screed with limestone in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks