Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Tools Survey in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

just spent 10 minutes typing a reply and then got logged out there must be a fix in the software to stop this issue reoccuring

T

The D

Ok I will add to your list with chalk line and a pare of portable snappers but I will deduct the mixer as I can still knock up by hand and the cheap wet saw as you have an angle grinder with a decent blade on the list.

A

Aston

its happening to me and with my hand broken its a challenge and a half lol

@ deano
chalk line!!!! i knew id missed something m8

Reaction score
well i have just bought the makita angle grinder & ion batteries £296 ,then i was looking in macro this weekend and see a 18 v ryoby grinder £40 ,and i had to question my sanity a bit ,but hay i have got the top of the range & the one i wanted!! lol.......

I

Ian

Before I got a bit of cash behind me and invested in the mega money tools, I did everything with a Rubi TR60 and a grinder. With the right blade, a grinder is the best tool in my budget list. My list would be;

6/10mm trowels
600mm level
5m tape measure
mixing bucket
couple of buckets and sponges
chalk line
2/3/4mm spacers
cheap mixer (Aldi £40)
nippers
couple of grout floats
10 pencils for a quid from pound stretcher
grinder & blade
big clinker

I reckon with those few bits I could produce the same quality work, just not as quickly. I'd say that lot would be about £350ish.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Ed as you know I started tiling when Queen Victoria was on the throne. I used to load up my hand cart with my canvas tool bag, and trudge fifty miles to my place of work. But seriously I think I could manage with a pin hammer, tungsten tipped chisel, a pair of nippers and a hand scribe. But I am glad I have a van full of tools, even though I can never find what I need, anyone who has seen my van will understand.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
you would get stressed with the 18 v ryobi DPF,as i had one but after a couple of cuts the battery would fade and it would take well over an hour to charge.Ive invested in a makita drill and impact driver (2 x 3.0 lithium batteries ) and the next toy......i meant tool im buying is the cordless grinder....Quality!!!:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Tiling Tools Survey in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen