Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling Tools Survey in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Aston

I was talking to deano last week and we were talking about the tools we'd bought over the years. some of which dont get used and some have been brilliant, so what could you get by with as the bare essentials

example:
god forbid, you get your van cleaned out tonight, all your luxury stuff gone like your fein, dewalt, laser levels etc etc, what could you actually get by on.

i'd have the following....
box of tools, ie hand scribe, sliding bevel, hammer, hack saw, nippers, mastic gun, tapes, knife etc etc
75cm cutter
angle grinder with a decent blade
buckets & sponges
6ft feather edge
couple of stabila levels,
serrated trowels,
£100 mixer
18v drill
budget diamond hole saw from ebay
budget wet saw with decent blade for splash backs and bathrooms

would really love everybody to get in on this whether you are new, old school or whatever. ;0) your essential list is what i am looking for..

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Wellllll..

I could get by with a hand scribe and a pair of nibblers... bucket and sponge and a hand full of spacers..

then i would think WTF and kill those that pinched my van and then get new gear :lol:

A

Aston

thats what i am looking for dave but i know you love your angle grinder so i reckon you'd have that for the sake of £40

D

DHTiling

Life without my sigmas is not worth thinking about... then there is my knee pads and my dewalt d2400 and nooooooo i am starting to cry at my losses. :lol:

C

charlie1

Ed, ive often thought about this very thing... here is my list

Hand held tile breaker
Sigma 3c
1 x bag of hand tools, 600 level, Angle grinder, hammers, screw drivers, chisels, core drills, trowels...etc
Sponge + bucket
Straight edges
Mixer
Drill
Dust sheets

S

Spud

just spent 10 minutes typing a reply and then got logged out there must be a fix in the software to stop this issue reoccuring

T

The D

Ok I will add to your list with chalk line and a pare of portable snappers but I will deduct the mixer as I can still knock up by hand and the cheap wet saw as you have an angle grinder with a decent blade on the list.

A

Aston

its happening to me and with my hand broken its a challenge and a half lol

@ deano
chalk line!!!! i knew id missed something m8

Reaction score
well i have just bought the makita angle grinder & ion batteries £296 ,then i was looking in macro this weekend and see a 18 v ryoby grinder £40 ,and i had to question my sanity a bit ,but hay i have got the top of the range & the one i wanted!! lol.......

Reply to Tiling Tools Survey in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks