Search the forum,

Discuss tile weights : too heavy? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good morning,

ive looking at these tiles with a weight of 17.34 kg / m2

are these too heavy for plasterboard? we've taken the old tiles off and there seems to be cardboardy like substance on the wall, does that mean the plasterboard weren't skimmed so we have a max weight of 32kg? or should we keep to 20kg? because if we do then we're looking at being a couple of kg overweight once the adhesive is applied.

i'm just wondering if i should get rid of the plasterboard and put up some hardie backer or something else?

what would you do?

thank you for reading

Reaction score
Apologies, I’ve got to put a bathroom cupboard up on the wall too which would surely take it over the limit with tiles and adhesive?

5C79A50C-ED03-4ABE-B5C4-7BD5D811B4C8.jpeg

7107F390-1DD2-4F6E-851A-11836B698EB1.jpeg

Reply to tile weights : too heavy? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen