Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help Tile advice and Suggestions required in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello
we are currently trying to choose a tile to lay on the ground floor (70m2) of our house. The flooring is currently chipboard with a membrane and polystyrene underneath on top of concrete. I have been advised that I will need to put no more ply or backer board down.

I have a couple of questions and looking for suggestions.

1 - one of the tile choices is 600x600 20mm thick and weight is 16kg. if we choose this tile I am conscious of the floor height rising too much for the threshold. i have 39mm from current chipboard. Is this possible or should I scrap this tile idea?

2- would you advise I add a decoupling membrane?

3 - We Are debating putting under floor heating in as the house is quite cold already. my partner is worried about problems in the future with the piping if we go down the wet UFh. What are people’s thoughts?

if We can’t use the 20mm tile route does anyone have any alternative tile suggestions. Here is a picture however it has come out darker than in real life
BA7DA63F-51F2-4D08-A37B-BAB3846B93C7.jpeg
and link

We found one but the price is £63 a meter however we would like to pay less than that. I believe the tile is undefasa olimpia however I haven’t found a U.K. supplier other than easybathrooms Easy bathroom link and here is a picture of the actual tile
DBA7862D-FC1D-4F2B-90D8-BF4C724FEF66.jpeg

Reply to Help Tile advice and Suggestions required in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock