Currently reading:
Tile Levelling Kits

Discuss Tile Levelling Kits in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Arrived this morning
FB_IMG_1447273587505.jpg

Also when using these levelling systems can you leave the base clips in the side of the tiles ( say overnight ) then start the next row from the gone off row of tiles.
Or doing a showroom floor with rapid set adhesive, when you do a long bay by the time you get to do the next bay the adhesive would have gone off so could you leave the base clips on the edges.
Thanks.

T

Tile Shop

Question. Using Genesis and Lash as an example, I'm trying to figure out how many clips would be used per tile. I know if they are laid straight bond, its 4 per tile. 2 at the top and 2 at the side (4 per cross joint). But what about say a 900x450 laid with a staggered bond? Am I right in thinking its 6 per tile? 4 on the long edge and 2 on the short? 3 around each T joint? or is there a way of using less?

Confuzzled!

S

Stef

Hi all

I've always levelled a floor with rapid set and cement board plus spirit prior to tile up to now. Am I missing a trick here. Are they any good?

Si
I ordered clips & wedges from Italy, very similar to Raimondi but a lot cheaper.
When you say you level a floor with cement board & rapid set what do you mean?
Are you dry lining the floor with the cement boards?

S

Stef

Did you use the plier tool with them @Stef, i've only used the lash ones which I thought where great but I'd I think if doing large areas the old thumb would take some stick.
Just used my fingers, I've got Raimondi pliers but don't use them much.
I've got Genesis lash clips & they are garbage, these clips have a flat base & are good to work with.

Reply to Tile Levelling Kits in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement