Search the forum,

Discuss Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Hi all, :)

As some of you know, I'm in my 7th week, of 16, on a Wall & Floor tiling course; lvl 2 Diploma.

Though this might not answer the question, I soon learned that the gap in between the 'planks' of the aluminium 'Step-Up', was perfect to slip a 150mm^2 tile in to create perfect slim 8mm, and less, wide pieces.

So, there's a tool that someone can invent; a Ste-up/Trestle with an adjustable plank. Or, does it exist already? :)

...Ray.
Are you in the correct thread ?.. ..your answer makes no sense at all..

R

RayL12

@Andy Allen: Yeah, I guess I could have made myself clearer.

So, the piece you quote is me saying, I'm not a pro tiler.

Otherwise, my findings were that, after scribing a tile, the best method, for a full length clean break, was to slide the tile in the tight gap between the two planks of the step-up trestle(we have in the training centre) with the scribed line just visible.

I have produced some very narrow, unbroken cut-offs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
@Andy Allen: Yeah, I guess I could have made myself clearer.

So, the piece you quote is me saying, I'm not a pro tiler.

Otherwise, my findings were that, after scribing a tile, the best method, for a full length clean break, was to slide the tile in the tight gap between the two planks of the step-up trestle(we have in the training centre) with the scribed line just visible.

I have produced some very narrow, unbroken cut-offs.
I quoted ALL your post.....but it just shows the first piece.
If your a pro tiler or not ......makes no diffrence to me ....now you have made it clear i understand what your saying....
And thanks for the input..:)

Reply to Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays