Search the forum,

Discuss Thistle hardwall what's next? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys, here is the problem
I've done thistle hardwall on to walls, after that I've primed it with mix of pva/water (now I know that this is a stupid mistake) followed by 2 coats of mapei waterproofing membrane. After 1-2 days membrane started to peel off. At this moment the whole membrane is out of the wall...
My question is what I should use exactly/brand name if possible on top of thistle hardwall to prepare it for tanking followed by tiling?
At this moment I found mapei plaster primer 1litre which I consider most convenient to prime on hardwall it is porous... Don't really know what to do next

IMG_20210811_224434.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks mate, already solved, like u said, I have used mapei primer 5litres,20£ - worked very well, now on tiling stage...

Reply to Thistle hardwall what's next? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen