Currently reading:
Thieving gits - Stolen Tools York/Leeds Way Please Share and Take Note

Discuss Thieving gits - Stolen Tools York/Leeds Way Please Share and Take Note in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Re: Thieving gits - Stolen Tools York/Leeds Way Please Share and Take

He's probably right they get rid pretty quick, longer they hold on to it more chance they have of getting caught, I have cameras around my house. Might even be worth getting some dummy ones pointing at the van, any deterrent makes it more difficult for them and they don't want to be seen either.

M

Mr Tiler

Smart arse!:prrr:

mate I wouldn't hold yuour breath, the cppers are useless even with the technology they have the reason they told you you wont see your stuff again is because it would take a miracle to find unless some idiot tried to sell it either to the copper you spoke to or you yourself! best thing is keep ya ear out and let people know your after some tiling gear. hope you find the scumbags :thumbsup:

T

TJ Smiler

What a downer mate, sorry to hear. I have been done three times down here and had my van nicked twice (van was nicked twice in the same week!!!).

Behind murder, rape, child abuse etc this sort of crime is just scum! To not just steal your tools but stealing away your ability to work to me epitomizes some of the utter low life termites that live among us. Total scum... several big right hooks with a pick axe handle if ever you find them should be the minimum :7:.

W

White Room

What a downer mate, sorry to hear. I have been done three times down here and had my van nicked twice (van was nicked twice in the same week!!!).

Behind murder, rape, child abuse etc this sort of crime is just scum! To not just steal your tools but stealing away your ability to work to me epitomizes some of the utter low life termites that live among us. Total scum... several big right hooks with a pick axe handle if ever you find them should be the minimum :7:.

I think I would have given up after that Toby to be fair:yikes:

T

TJ Smiler

I think I would have given up after that Toby to be fair:yikes:

Well to be honest mate i did, it slaughtered me. I jacked it all in for a couple of months and drove a lorry instead to build back up again.

My van was nicked on a sunday night so i reported it to the police, i got a call on the tuesday saying they had recovered it but all tools had been taken, i went to collect it from them and had to pay 150 quid for the privilage of getting my stolen van back!! It got stolen again the following night, gutted is not the word to describe how i felt that morning mate. Didn't bother reporting it the second time around either.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster

Well to be honest mate i did, it slaughtered me. I jacked it all in for a couple of months and drove a lorry instead to build back up again.

My van was nicked on a sunday night so i reported it to the police, i got a call on the tuesday saying they had recovered it but all tools had been taken, i went to collect it from them and had to pay 150 quid for the privilage of getting my stolen van back!! It got stolen again the following night, gutted is not the word to describe how i felt that morning mate. Didn't bother reporting it the second time around either.
That's awful! Don't think I could afford to buy all my tools again if I had the lot stolen.

C

Colour Republic

I remember maybe 14 years ago my mate had his van stolen (with some of my tools in it:mad2:) Reported it to the police and they found it a few days later. Luckily one of the coppers tipped us off as to where it was and told my mate to get down there sharpish before they could recover it to save the recovery cost. Thing is it was parked outside a large block of flats in a locked compound, we had to go off road and down a bloody steep embankment to get the thing out! fairly sure the thives lived in the block of flats as you can't get access to the car park without a key fob, sadly couldn't really go knocking on 60 odd doors interrogating everyone. Lost a couple of valuable bits but luckily most of the tools were on site when it got nicked. Scum of the earth!

in fact here's the bank we had to drive down and it's steeper than it looks!

bank.jpg

Comes to somthing when you have to steal your own van back! but at least he got it back.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms

TJ...what van was this? How did they steal it without a key? or did the do it old school but was about immobiliser? Surely they didn't have the brains to get around that?

T

TJ Smiler

TJ...what van was this? How did they steal it without a key? or did the do it old school but was about immobiliser? Surely they didn't have the brains to get around that?

It was an old Transit, it didn't have an immobiliser and wasn't remote locking. I bought it for 400 quid to get me out of trouble as my van before that was knackered. TBH i was more gutted about all my tools being nicked (everything apart from my wash boy) thats why i had to drive a lorry for a while.

Reply to Thieving gits - Stolen Tools York/Leeds Way Please Share and Take Note in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement