Search the forum,

Discuss the best grinder blades?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

:thumbsup:
Hi all,
i was wondering what type of blades you all use in your grinders?
i have one for ceramic,no prob there but the one i have for porcelain is rough at times and it was expensive,i bought it from a well known supplier!!!
in need of a damn good one to do all!
any help much appreciated lads and gals!!

H

hillhead

Yeah sir,thats what i have and its an animal !!! i have even run it through red bricks etc to wear it down and expose the diamonds and all,still it eats porcelain like it said when i bought it !! lol.have it 6 months now,any ideas??

G

Gazzer

No problem with mine, been using porcelain today. Of course it will depend on the quality of the tile as to how it cuts.

E

eamonn

well hillhead,

we use marcrist blades all the time theyre without doubt the best around(IMO), i've tried s#itloads of blades but marcrist does everything ya need it to, got 1 for 4'' and 9''. the only 1 thing is that they bend a bit more easily than some others cos of how thin they are, but not from cuttin its usually when the sigma's thrown in on top of them, dont know wher ya'd get them round your way though.

H

hillhead

Cheers lads,
so good supply up in Derry then? lol
maybe i just got a bad one,sh** happens eh?
i'll definitely buy another asap,whats the work like up there Eamon?

Joe
Hillhead Tiling.
:8:

E

eamonn

Cheers lads,
so good supply up in Derry then? lol
maybe i just got a bad one,sh** happens eh?
i'll definitely buy another asap,whats the work like up there Eamon?

Joe
Hillhead Tiling.
:8:

aye flat out at the min joe the usual slump in jan but cant complain now mostly workin up in belfast but go a nice wee handy site round home too only 5mins up the road can come and go as we please{not often ya get that}, got my sisters house to til now startin very soon, over 250 m2:mad2: . thats the evenin and weekends booked up for the next month!!!

H

hillhead

thats great to hear Eamon,
i'm flat out myself at the minute,a hotel in warrenpoint,numerous small jobs and easily 4 big houses over the next 3-4 months so it's a good lift the slow january,although i had 3 houses at the beginning of it!
joe

Reply to the best grinder blades?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen