Search the forum,

Discuss STud Wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boxfreak187

Hello all.

i am planning on taking some old plaster off the wall and building a stud wall out of 2 x 1 timber, with 9mm plasterboard screwed in. Will this be ok to take the full 30 odd KG per square meter?

D

doug boardley

Hello all.

i am planning on taking some old plaster off the wall and building a stud wall out of 2 x 1 timber, with 9mm plasterboard screwed in. Will this be ok to take the full 30 odd KG per square meter?
absolutely not, far to unengineered

B

boxfreak187

what about dot and dab 9mm plasterboard? with regards to the stud wall, what kind of timber should be used to do it that way?

B

boxfreak187

dot and dab onto brick. i am trying to keep the width down otherwise i will have to move the door frame over to allow for it. thats why i was wondering if i can use thin timber with loads of fixings to make it as strong as possible. i am not taking out the wall no, just taking the plaster off because its kind of weak and it comes off quite easily, done in the 80s i think, and i want to tile the wall. was going to tile over it but after reading things on here im a bit scared now!

B

brinkley

then overboard with 12mm plasterboard and tank if in a shower or any area exposed to moisture or water

D

doug boardley

dot and dab onto brick. i am trying to keep the width down otherwise i will have to move the door frame over to allow for it. thats why i was wondering if i can use thin timber with loads of fixings to make it as strong as possible. i am not taking out the wall no, just taking the plaster off because its kind of weak and it comes off quite easily, done in the 80s i think, and i want to tile the wall. was going to tile over it but after reading things on here im a bit scared now!
my apologies,i thought you were planning on making a stud partition wall out of 2 x 1:lol:

Reply to STud Wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen