Currently reading:
Stone flag grouting

Discuss Stone flag grouting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikeyd859

Hi guys.
I have been in the process of a jobs for a while. consists of a few rooms of tiling and a large floor area of large stone flags. the area for the flags is about 40m. I explained to the customer about expansion joints but are adamant that they don't want them (more because the male customer is an ex old school builder and he reckons he is always right). I have made them sign something to say that they are happy to go ahead without them and it was entirely their choice and reasons were explained my me why they need them.
My actual question is that the guy who supplied the stone said that it will be fine to grout these as I go along with my flexy addy. the falgs are only for the floors. there is an email to prove this. I cant say I have grouted with addy before. do you think this will work.??

cheers mike

M

mikeyd859

Sorry I haven't replied on this. been flat out. Was back at the job last week to finish up laying the flags. The customer is one of those who 'used to be a builder and did real well' so he tries to tell us how do lay the stuff. we have had a quiet word and he left us to it. Although he is still adiment that he wants the flags grouting with the PTB addy. I have got everything in writing for this to cover my back.

Another thing that you guys may find amusing- I have done 2 wetrooms for him and I told him that I could build a fall for him or get preformed trays (he has had all the floors screed levelled). I told him that I will need to machine plane the floors before they even get touched to lay on. with that he went and hired a sander and called me to say he has sanded the fall into the floors by leaving the sander running on the area and moved it slightly to create it, I just laughed and said OK (knowing it would not have worked). On returning to the job first thing I did was got the level out of the van put it over the 'fall' area. all he had done was created some 10/20mm dips in odd spots on the floor. he was not impressed when I told him that his 'fall' does not work/he has created more work for me/it will take longer to lay. luckily I am working day rate.

Reply to Stone flag grouting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement