Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss steam room tanning in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

housekeeper1

:mad2: hello everyone
I am a housekeeper that feels like she is banging her head on a steam room wall :lol:. Can anyone help with my problem. We have a steam room in the hotel and the grout over a steady period of time has turned brown. We have had a tiler in to look at it and thinks it could be caused by fake tan.... would this be possible, we have cleaners etc for body fats and general grime but it will not remove the rusty coloured marks from the grout, any ideas please. Looks awful and like we don't care, is there a wondeful product out there we could try, I have tried as many old fashioned remedies as I could find but nothing seems to help.

thanks
Housekeeper1

H

housekeeper1

not sure really, but apparantly the tiler says it was the correct grout for this type of steam room. Please can I ask what is an epoxy IMO? Sorry for being a bit thick here but it is useful to know.

thanks
housekeeper1

G

Gazzer

Epoxy grout, IMO (in my opinion)
Epoxy grout is a water proof grout and mainly specified in food area and area of hygiene.
What colour was the grout when new ? white? not a good choice for these areas as they do tend to discolour.

D

DHTiling

hello17.gif

Is this discolouring all over or just some small locations ..?

Reply to steam room tanning in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks