Search the forum,

Discuss Split face mosaic tile weight in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andrew Case

Hi all

in a rush so sorry if this been asked before.
does anyone know the weight per sq mtr of the split face mosaic tiles that have become popular?

they range from 10-30mm thicknesses throughout the tile due to the rustic nature of the tile. I just need to know what background they can go on for a small section that is being tiled.

I

Ian

I'd say bare plasterboard or cement board, certainly wouldn't put them on a skimmed board.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
006.jpg like these...

R

Rookery

I've not fixed them myself but being thick stone they're going to be heavy so I'd say deffo not onto plasterboard.

A

Andrew Case

No it wasn't covered on the course. This is only my 3rd natural stone job and the 1st I've done with this particular type of tile.
All weights etc were covered on the course but with this tile being a range of thickness it's difficult to know what the resulting weight is and the supplying website doesn't say. Hence my question.

Thanks Bri for your answer. I will quote based on backer board.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
where you going to be fixing this tile, you need to be carefull, some of these kind of tiles are only ment for clading, and not suitable in wet areas..

Reply to Split face mosaic tile weight in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen