Currently reading:
splashback

Discuss splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boldydave

hello all.got to start a 4m2 splashback in 100mm2 ceramics for a friend tomorrow and had a few questions.i havn`t seen the room yet but there is 1 window,3 double sockets,and the rest is just worktop to top unit.first off,he`s supplying all materials and has bought metal trim.i havn`t seen it yet but the best he can describe it is "sort of rounded":mad2:. i`ve done 3 way mitres with plastic trim and wanted to know if it was done exactly the same with metal.also,if the trim is more squared how do you finish a 3 way corner. i also don`t yet know if the worktop is exactly level and wanted advice on how to set out if it`s not. ie. would you work from a batten and do you think cuts are better at the top or bottom.thanks to everyone in advance:thumbsup:. dave.

G

Gazzer

my friend has already bought the trim and i`m not sure what make it is so i may/may not be able to get the preformed corners.is it still possible to make it look good without them?

Not as good...No.
If you know somewhere that sells Genesis trim then I would tell him to take his back and you get the better stuff. I always hated metal trim for the fact that you alway had a sharp edge somewhere.

Reply to splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.