Search the forum,

Discuss Spacer question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stealth

I've bought some ceramic wall/floor tiles that I'm going to fix in the next day or so.

I want the grout lines to match from the floor to the wall so that the tiles and lines are in alignment. .... Now reading through past threads, wall spacers tend to be 2/3mm and floor 5mm.

As I can only use one size of spacer what would be the best one to opt for?

I was thinking of 3mm all round as a happy medium?

Ideas anyone?

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
and dont forget - lay the floor first as you can use the lines to set the walls out... just make sure when setting the floor out that you look at the walls for any nasty cuts or slithers - avoid if at all possible!

S

Stealth

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll be ok when I get going.

I've done all the prep which has taken a LOT longer than I thought!!! The build quality in my house (20 years old) leaves a lot to be desired - not a square wall or floor in the whole gaff - everything is seriously on the slant (and no, I haven't got subsidence!).....just poor workmanship on the original build........

...Anyway, now I'm ready to start tiling Im quite relieved.

Reply to Spacer question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.