Search the forum,

Discuss Spacer Between Tile Trim And Last Tile, Or Butt It Up To The Tile? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A recent thread and a couple of members made me question the way I've been using tile trim recently and I wondered which way the forum guys and gals do it.

I've always butted the tile trim up to the tile WITHOUT a spacer, on both an external corner, and when tiles finish half way up a wall etc. Then grouted the tiny lip.

Though a guy did it like this WITH a spacer, and a member or two agreed that it's the way.

image-jpg.73282

image-jpg.73191

So, which way do you do it?

S

Stocks Tiles

For trim that goes around tiles like that I butt the trim to the tile, but around windows I leave a small gap using wedges.

AMC

TF
Reaction score
A recent thread and a couple of members made me question the way I've been using tile trim recently and I wondered which way the forum guys and gals do it.

I've always butted the tile trim up to the tile WITHOUT a spacer, on both an external corner, and when tiles finish half way up a wall etc. Then grouted the tiny lip.

Though a guy did it like this WITH a spacer, and a member or two agreed that it's the way.

image-jpg.73282

image-jpg.73191

So, which way do you do it?
Butt up to the trim for me

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Depends where it is.
Finishing a tile edge on a half tiled room, I would butt them. But inside a sower for a tiled recess, I think they should be a joint to grout.

Reply to Spacer Between Tile Trim And Last Tile, Or Butt It Up To The Tile? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen