Search the forum,

Discuss Some opinions? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

Eduardo

Glass tile from China. 2012-05-14 13.38.29.jpg 2012-05-14 13.31.52.jpg Was fitted with good adhesive,grout with flexible grout,after two months I was called by the client.Fortunately the bathroom was renewed and the payments made by builder insurance.I remember when I saw this therad http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/66160-good-paper-two.html . Can be about the use of recycled glass in tile?I found nearly 100% cover in this tile,I have not found an explanation for me ..

D

DHTiling

It does look like impact shelling , but it could also be a fault in those 2 tiles and thermal/moisture expansion has put stress on said fault and shelling has occurred..

E

Eduardo

These 2 tiles are in middle of wall,not near the corner, or subject movement due to change of temperature, humidity,hot water.

S

Spud

Glass has a far higher coefficient of expansion than ceramic stone and porcelain so it may be that

E

Eduardo

I think yes,but why 2 tiles in the middle of walls?Usually you can see expansion on a line from bottom to top, or horizontal....Anyway a line, not just one single tile.

Reaction score
If you read the papers that i posted on the forum yesterday , you will understand that Chinese glass is often recycled glass and thus can have poor quality glass in the firing as old bottles and the like all get re-cycled , also could be the same as dave gary said above, which was all covered in the papers ............

Reply to Some opinions? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen