Search the forum,

Discuss Slate Tiles 300 X 300 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

job coming up in slate 300x300 preferences to sealing either before grouting or after or before and after grouting ?? also is the grey addy still ok to use or white ? will a rapid set flex be ok as long as i keep them clean along the way and grout line free of any residue and adhesive??any infor would be great :) doing a job in travertine 100x300 i sealed these prior to grouting came up nice no issues with a white addy is this the same sort of thing with slate ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you tiling to? That'll define the adhesive type.

Seal them before grouting and after.

I'm assuming it's a dark slate, so grey adhesive should be fine. White's mainly for marble or some other light or translucent tile that's going to show the ribs of the adhesive through them if they're not fully bedded in or whatever.

Be sure to use pencil as a marker on them when cutting. Pens can stain them sometimes.

T

terrycoe1

What are you tiling to? That'll define the adhesive type.

Seal them before grouting and after.

I'm assuming it's a dark slate, so grey adhesive should be fine. White's mainly for marble or some other light or translucent tile that's going to show the ribs of the adhesive through them if they're not fully bedded in or whatever.

Be sure to use pencil as a marker on them when cutting. Pens can stain them sometimes.
cheers dan there being used on a kitchen floor / diner through to the hall way and little toilet area theres tiles down in the kitchen area rest is carpet i should imagine it being a normal concrete base ?...yeh dark sate and spot in with the pencil coment hahhah for sure would have got my sharpy pens out and scribbled on them :D!

O

Old Mod

This is a green slate sealed before and after grouting.
I used this, not cheap, effective tho! Couple coats before and after.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

T

terrycoe1

nice pal !what addy did you use ?? this is kinda the same sort of floor space ill be doing looks decent its finished the tiles of nicely!

T

terrycoe1

ive only ever used bal products im starting to try other brands but its hard to got for other addys when you stick with one! bal has recently upgraded there rapid set flex

Reply to Slate Tiles 300 X 300 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen