Currently reading:
Site Work Rate.

Discuss Site Work Rate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Nowt wrong with site work.....big bucks to be made for the right kind of tiler...
I could tile 20 m2 a day .....but day in day out.....I'm past that I'm afraid....which is why domestic work suites me, instead of knocking out a bathroom in a morning I can take 2 days...
Plus I would get bored stiff on site......I remember the last time I did site work the highlight of the day was when you got to a certain point in the bathroom 10 minutes quicker than you did the day before. ...
But like Dean said ....reqular work...turn up ,tile go home....get paid without hassle. ..pros and cons with what ever you do imo

B

bcd-87

Nowt wrong with site work.....big bucks to be made for the right kind of tiler...
I could tile 20 m2 a day .....but day in day out.....I'm past that I'm afraid....which is why domestic work suites me, instead of knocking out a bathroom in a morning I can take 2 days...
Plus I would get bored stiff on site......I remember the last time I did site work the highlight of the day was when you got to a certain point in the bathroom 10 minutes quicker than you did the day before. ...
But like Dean said ....reqular work...turn up ,tile go home....get paid without hassle. ..pros and cons with what ever you do imo

Yea mate pros and cons, it's all down to personal preference like @Diggy said suits some better than others for a wide range of reasons.. It's the get payed bit.. I think which is the worry both domestic and comercial projects I had a drinking pal who worked for a big comercial company I won't name names that's was terrible for money allways waiting for money.. Company turns over 3.3 mil last year

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Excuse me, i did domestic for main work for 18 yrs. I do solely site work now for health reasons. Try not tar everyone with the same brush unless you have to.

Diggy :+)

It's a saying ( private joke ) for Deano ...

Chill out :)

Reply to Site Work Rate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement