Search the forum,

Discuss setting mosaic in concrete slabs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All, I have just started a mosaic project with lots of friends. We're making 50cm and 1m square mosaic panels featuring birds and animals using the reverse method which we're going to concrete separately, then put the slabs together to make a big mosaic pavement which will be sold off in panels. I have used this method before, but for larger mosaics (1m circles) which had a metal surround and some mesh embedded in the concrete. I was wondering 1) whether I need to use a mesh, 2) how deep you would recommend the concrete should be 3) whether I should use a fibre additive 4) What concrete mix you would suggest.
I would be very grateful for any advice. Thank you

fox mosaic.jpg haremosaic.jpg 6mosaicists.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Helen, really like those mosaics would be great to do something more creative if I could get the time. Have never used that method but will try to help the best I can.
Obviously you want the concrete as strong as possible, blue circle do a bagged high strength concrete, you may be able to strengthen it further by adding fibres. I would have guessed you would need it to be at least 40mm thick, the weight would be something to consider. You may be able to strengthen it further by adding a wire mesh to the surface. If time is not a factor then try to give the concrete as much time to cure as possible. Hope this may have helped. All the best

Reply to setting mosaic in concrete slabs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen