Search the forum,

Discuss Sealer Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dazleeds41

hi, im looking for some advice on sealer or impregnator for travertine tiles . iv built a stud wall ensuit in a corner of my bedroom, 3 mtres long 1 mtre wide shower one end, bog the other end,. i hacked off the plaster on the 2 original walls to bare the brick and dotted them with 12.5 board and also used 12.5 board on the stud walls, then i primed the entire plasterboard with acrylic primer from topps(some blue stuff) iv tanked and taped the shower area right down on to th tray with bal wp1 grey tanking liquid, iv gave it 3 coats.now im halfway through tiling the walls with 610x406 honed and filled 12mm travertine, im using white cement based bagged adesive (topps own brand) i havent sealed tiles before fixing and all is well at minute(touch wood). now my question is whats the best thing to do regarding sealing/impregnating? because there is so much conflicting advice about its made me unsure. also sealing and impregnator are they 2 different things or the same? cheers

D

DHTiling

Re: travertine sealer

LTP Mattstone is great for stone work..

LTP Mattstone

Description: Suitable for all wall and floor surfaces LTP Mattstone provides a natural matt finish with minimal change to surface character on travertine, quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, unpolished marble, terrazzo and cement floors. Provides effective resistance to staining from coffee, wine and other domestic fluids. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips: Can be used in wet areas. Suitable for interior and exterior use and on floors that have no damp proof course.

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

It can be purchased from any Tile giant store or direct online from LTP..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sealer Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.