Search the forum,

Discuss Sales people... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Droopy

should be shot. Them and builders.

I went to see a job for a builder, who we do a fair bit for.
This job was a renovation of an old 20's house, normally it is all new builds.
Anyway, he wanted 600x300x12 porcelain put on to old plastered walls. The plaster in the rest of the house was coming off with the wallpaper

Trying to explain to him that he can't just stick up those tiles onto walls like that was a joke. A joke that was made even funnier, not, by the arsehole in CTD who sold him the tiles.

After it was explained to him, why it couldn't be done without major prep work, he phoned CTD to change the tiles.
The salesman told him that. yes, he definately could put those tiles up, no problem.
No, he says, my tiler said no so just give me something else.
Now he has 600x300x12 rectified ceramic.:mad2:

What is the point in talking to these people?

D

Droopy

His first suggestion was to just strip off the finish coat of plaster and tile straight onto the bonding as that was sound in his opinion.
:furious3:

Mentalists, the lot of them.

D

Droopy

you would have thought the builder would have known better!
He is just like 90% of builders though.
Only interested in his profit.
He'd be happy for us to tile it, because he knows that the comeback would be on me, not him.
So he could have had a wee bit more profit and I would have been the mug taking the risk for him.

R

robbo

Yeh m8, think your totally right there, with all the warnings you have given him if they fell off i think he would still blame you!

G

GazTech

I would personally leave it alone, if he won't heed your warning, :frown2: he is questioning your professionalism. I would not want the responsibility of doing a job that could lead to someone being injured, it could be an infant bathing after he has sold the house on to a young family.........Gaz

D

Droopy

I would personally leave it alone, if he won't heed your warning, :frown2: he is questioning your professionalism. I would not want the responsibility of doing a job that could lead to someone being injured, it could be an infant bathing after he has sold the house on to a young family.........Gaz
Too right Gaz. I wont be touching anything I'm not happy to put my name to.
And I will not put my name to anything I feel to be unsafe.

So it's get the right prep work done, or bye bye.
----
Get it in writing
Nah mate, if you dont think it's safe, don't do it.
If you get them to put it in writing, you are admitting you know it to be unsafe.
And are basically leaving yourself open to a law suit if it does fail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sales people... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen