UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Rubi tx900. Struggling to use. in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Reactions
Hi. Treated myself to a used tx900 looks barely used. Tried it on a couple of 600mm 12mm porcelanosa porcelain tiles and it's hopeless or my technique is rubbish. I cut dozens of the same tiles fine with a battered 'big clinker 2'. The Rubi scribes a perfect straight line but doesn't feel like it's got the breaking power. Tried applying pressure at the top, 2" down, 4" down and at the bottom and it's just been smashing tiles. The machine feels fine, decent wheel, All the spring loading is fine, are these machines just dog rubbish or is there likely an underlying problem with it or.me.?

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,648 58 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Have you tried the same tile on the big clinker

Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
New smaller scribe and works almost perfect on a variety of tiles including the rock hard stuff. Faith in Rubi restored.

Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
If not, try TX MAX models! I am more than satisfied :D.

Reply to Rubi tx900. Struggling to use. in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.