Search the forum,

Discuss rubi 45 degree trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I would just like to do a small review on these.

They are completly useless! I can't stress this enough! From applying the adhesive to cleaning to using in harmony with your bucket trowel to move your adhesive around, it fails on every level!

I'm baffled to see what the whole point of it is? To help you get a consistant 45 degree bead? Well to achieve this then you would need to hold the main body of the surface of the trowel paralel with the wall (about 5mm off the surface) so where is the room for your adhesive?

Hope this helps

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I saw these in CTD recently and was wondering about them. Haven't asked the question to anyone before was seeing if i could work it out myself. But, i can't. What are there actual purpose?

C

charlie1

Mine is lying in the bottom of my van covered in adhesive, used it for 15 mins then launched it, it didn't even deserve to be washed!

G

Gazzer

I have a couple of these trowels, I try them now and again. They do the job but I cant stop gong back to a normal trowel. .....A bit like reinventing the wheel !

The idea behind them is that you can hold the trowel at 45 degree angle and the notches in the trowel give full depth of spread adhesive....Yes it works but awkward at first and a pain to clean the trowel after use.

C

charlie1

Yeah they ate a pain to clesn. Other thing is, if you hold at 45, then the angle of the notch is at 90. It just rips the beads, I don't get it, if you need a larger notch, just go up a size in trowel

Reply to rubi 45 degree trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen