Search the forum,

Discuss Prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

Having started off my first couple of jobs at a lower rate just to get experience,i decided to up prices to the going rate .Iwas surprised when the customer said my price was fine,when can i start?I AM CHARGING 25 QUID M2 FOR 8M2 FLOOR,GOT TO PLY IT.Charged customer 350 as i need to take wc out and sink.

What do you guys and gals think of this price,too expensive or too cheap?:confused:

B

BrhTiling

Do you really need to remove the WC and sink? Can't you tile around them?

25 * 8 = £200, So You are adding on 75% to the price for putting some ply down? Ouch! I hope that includes the price of the ply boards!

When I did my course (we didn't practice laying ply or removing WC's), we tiled around? But towards the end of the course the advice I recieved was add £5-£10 per m2 for laying ply..

Personally I would be tiling around the bog and charging about £250

B

brian c

customer wants toilet out,that includes the ply 3 x 20=60 plus time to do it,screws,primer,silicone,adhesive,grout thought i was a bit expensive but they went for it.

Thanks for the feedback guys its appreciated.:)

V

Varley

I charge £20m2, but if you can get the jobs for £25 Bri then all the better mate, I see nothing wrong with your price at all and removing sanitary ware leaves a much nicer finish. Best of luck to you! :)

G

GazTech

Fair play Bri ,bear in mind the speed you will work will be slightly slower being new to job so it's a great price take your time and watch the recommendations flood in!! best of british Bri:wink_smile:

A

anne0411

hi i've upped my price recently as i was told i was way too cheap for london! i'm originally from the nw. what i'd like to know is do you reduce your price for larger jobs? i've just quoted on 1 x shower room and 2 x ensuites both with bath, it's 59m2 total. I stuck with my normal/new /m price - should i have done this?

Reply to Prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen