Search the forum,

Discuss Preparing walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

martinhines

Hi Everyone

I have taken the old tiles off my bathroom walls, on one wall the adhesive is heavily stuck to the walls the thin layer of plaster under this was loose so I have removed this plaster and the adhesive. My question is can I tile directly onto the darker layer of plaster underneath. It is flat but quite dusty the house was built in 1926. I would appreciate any advice.

regards

martin

W

White Room

If the house is 1926 the chances of gypsum plaster are zilch unless it's been replastered at some time. If it's the original backing it will be lime morter, Check the backing by tapping there's a chance some may hollow/loose, It can be skimmed but I would'nt put heavy tiles on the wall. May be a good time to take off and dot and dab if it's a full tile and there big ones, Your choice

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Preparing walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.