Search the forum,

Discuss Preparing existing plasterboard and plastered walls for tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Wh15ky

I am in the process of preparing my bathroom walls for tiling. I have stripped off the ugly 1970s wood style veneered crap and scrapped of the glue etc. I am in the process of sanding down the walls (to rid any flaky bits) and filling any holes and cracks.
2 walls are plaster on brick and 2 walls are plasterboard, I'd like to know what I use to prime them, same product for plaster and plasterboard? Is Mapei Primer G suitable and do I scratch the surface of the walls before applying?

Reply to Preparing existing plasterboard and plastered walls for tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.