Search the forum,

Discuss Pictures and set out 2 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

All up and working know.

Cheers Dan.

Thoughts on the set out for the glass room.

The tiles have been centred on a 20ft glass front entrance which then then runs through the hallway.

Any thoughts on wether to centre on the vertical post in the glass room or run the grout lines through from the hallway continuing into the glass room but that will off centre the room.

There is to be glass steps so there is a kind of break in the 2 rooms.

Cheers.

Kevin

DSCF0199.JPG DSCF0201.JPG DSCF0202.JPG DSCF0200.JPG DSCF0207.JPG DSCF0203.JPG DSCF0206.JPG

K

kaharrison9

Also the wooden stairs are temporary there will be glass ones come down the left hand side of the wall each step inserted into the wall

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
If you continue the lines through how are the cuts to the right-hand wall? Does it leave a slither cut or a slither off? Is there skirting going on?

P

Protilers

Nice looking job...........but I have to ask.....what is going on in the adhesive on picture 5?......

S

Spud

are there going to be steps down in to the glass room? if so you will have to follow the joints in my opinion, you will only have to work out the best layout front to back of that room then

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

you must follow the tiles you already have down if you want this to flow .as gary said then you have to work back to front i would probaly start full tile from the windows and work back if the windows are square as the step down will give you a 300 to 400mm look to were the next tile starts depending at what lenght you look at it from

K

kaharrison9

The steps are not tiled and are glass so there is a type of break in the continunity of the grout lines. Either set out leaves a very good cut on the right side wall. Black ash skirting boards and a 150mm black ash border between the window and the tile. From the main door following through would look great though get to the top of the steps and the glass room looks to be crying out to be centred on the post. I suppose white grout will appear more subtle. I don't know what has happened to the addy looks like my 4 your old has ran threw it!

K

kaharrison9

Yes the windows are square with the room and was planning to come a full time off them leaving about a 350mm cut on the back wall

I

ian158

what is the reason for using ditra..is this a new build so then allowing for lateral movement given its going to settle ?

Reply to Pictures and set out 2 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen