Search the forum,

Discuss PAT testing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

How many of you have your electrical tools/equipment PAT tested?
I very rarely do site work, mainly domestic work so never felt the need to have them PAT tested. But got a cold sales call today as you do, offering up to 20 appliances tested for £99, but i explained that i dont do site work, but she says my liability insurance will be invalid if electrical appliances are not tested every 12 months??

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

I would call your insurance 1st. Not one I have heard of, could be scare mongering ?

B

burncross

yes I think she was just trying a bit of scare mongering......
The only time i had my electrical equipment PAT tested was on a site about 5 years ago, and it was free as the main contractor paid for it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You are actually meant to PAT test all electrical appliances in a business every 12 months, he's sort of right I think. Radios and everything.

R

Rookery

I've thought about it in the past but never bothered. It got put 'on the back burner'. Thats not been PAT tested either :grin:

M

Marksmithtiling

I find making tea and buying breakfast for a spark on site gets PAT test done for free:hurray:

J

Jammeh

I can't believe there isn't a resident pedant to jump on this thread...

But a PAT test is like a PIN number! :)

Yours helpfully
jammeh

F

Fliselege

I bought a pad of stickers from City Electrical Factors a long tome ago to get my tools on a site, but I imagine now you'd have to show your NICEIC cert, blood type and inside leg measurement to buy the stickers. Got past the site agent, may not have been so lucky with a jobsworth HSE rep

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PAT testing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen