Currently reading:
Outdoor tiling

Discuss Outdoor tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

first thing you must be sure of is that the york stone is solid and free of any movement as you cant see whats underneath the york stone it might be better to take it up and put a concrete base down, you will get good money for reclaimed york stone ,if you cant do this and you are sure there is no movement i would lay an uncoupling membrane, dpc or crack isolation membrane of your choice then you will need to screed over with sharp sand and cement mixed to a ratio of 4 sand 1 cement mixed to a semmi dry consistancy so when you grasp the mortar in you hand it compacts and doesnt fall apart i would put wire mesh reinforcing through the screed remember to create a fall running away from the house your ideal bed depth should be between 38-50mm leave this to cure (approx 1 week per inch thickness )then tile with exterior grade spf cement based adhesive and grout with flex grout

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Outdoor tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.