Search the forum,

Discuss Opinions needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

Hey folks,

I have a splashback to til tommorrow. I have riped of majority of old tile and replaced the all the plasterboard appart from about an area of 300mmx300mm next to gas pips and several electrical sockets and thermometers etc. The small is is really just an akward area.

I am planning on removing the remaining old adhesive on this area and rubbing down and sealing the old part of plasterboard.

do you think I will have any issues with this at a later date?

I will be fixing to the plasterboard with Mapie buildfix.

I kow some folks tile over old plasterboard but I alwyas preffer to replace the plasterboard.

cheers guys

C

cornish_crofter

The reason why we try to remove old plasterboard is that it is often easier and quicker than cleaning it up in preparation for retiling.

If it is awquard to remove the rest of the plasterboard, all you need to do is to clean off the old adhesive.

Do NOT prime with PVA.

L

LM Ceramics

personally i do wat is easier but as said if youre struggling to replace the plasterboard scrape off old adhesive

T

tfs

cheers for opinions guys!

I have removed adhesive before and I used an orbital sander which worked great and didnt damage the board either.

Reply to Opinions needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen