Discuss Ooops. Dented shower tray. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dave1972

Hi all. I just dropped a tile onto a white plastic coated stone resin tray. I know, clumsy bugger. But im sure I'm not the first. Before i contact a repair company has anyone got any tips for repairing it? Its a dent about 5mm x 3mm and 3mm deep. I'd of thought colour matching would be the hard part? Cheers, dave.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is it your own tray or a customer? A repair kit is available but probably won't be 100% perfect look on Toolstation website . Kop

O

On one

I dropped a tile earlier this year on a shower tray....I just 'fessed' up to the customer, got someone in to fix it up, got the PITA customer to ok it before the fella left......lesson learn't, the hard way.

D

Dave1972

Thanks for the replies. It's a customer so any repair would have to be close to perfect. I saw the toolstation kit but dont want to make things worse. I think my 2 options are fess up and take £150 off the final bill if they're happy with that or get a repair guy in who, I'm guessing will charge about the same. Ill get some quotes tomorrow. I was just hoping someone had a magic curr. Lol.

D

Dumbo

Thank you. I'll have a look tomorrow. Have you used their kits yourself?
I used similar from a different company because they didn't do that gel coat but it was perfect .
You need to find the what colour white it is from the tray company

Reaction score
Acrylic capped stone resin. Please don’t try the repair kits found in the local diy stores or Screwfix etc, they won’t look good. The Anglo adhesive kits mentioned are actually very good, I’ve used one on a fibreglass bath and it was a very good repair. Not as good as a magic man repair though.

Reaction score
I used similar from a different company because they didn't do that gel coat but it was perfect .
You need to find the what colour white it is from the tray company
Thank you. Ill make some calls tomorrow
Acrylic capped stone resin. Please don’t try the repair kits found in the local diy stores or Screwfix etc, they won’t look good. The Anglo adhesive kits mentioned are actually very good, I’ve used one on a fibreglass bath and it was a very good repair. Not as good as a magic man repair though.
Thank you.Im going to call anglo tomorrow. The dent is pretty tiny so the kit might work. If it was an old tray I'd probably get away with it, but i just fitted it. I'll talk to the customer tomorrow. I'm led in bed kicking myself for doing it.

Last edited:

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Honesty is the best policy I find mate we are all human and accidents do happen I have used the kit a few times it does work but once you commit theres no going back , a £600 tray I think I would maybe get a quote from magicman first . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190813-062557_Chrome.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Reply to Ooops. Dented shower tray. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks