Search the forum,

Discuss Never cut corners in your preparation............. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
For anyone new to the trade who is unaware of the importance of preparing your substrate correctly then check this out.......:yikes:
Basingstoke_and_Deane-20111017-00131.jpg

This is what I faced at a car showroom I tiled recently when I returned from my hols.. The prep work had been carried out by a couple of cowboys, they didn't even sweep the floor nevermind prime it!! The main areas you can see had blown completely and it didn't take too much work with the scraper to lift pretty much everything you can see. Fortunately I'd gone on holiday for a week in the middle of this job otherwise I'd have tiled over this before it blew, blissfully unaware what lay beneath.
Fortunately I was able to sort it out and finish the job but it could have been a complete nightmare!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Exactly the same happened to a local Alfa showroom around the corner from me. (I never did the tiling for it, as I was snowed under at the time)

A Major building firm where bought in to do the work before Alfa opened. They self levelled/ripped up 4 times before they got it right. The dealers where 3 months late in opening due to them.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It's the 3rd showroom I've done for them and to be honest the prep work is always done my monkeys so they can save a couple of quid. I think after this one they will listen to me and pay a little bit extra to have it done properly!

Reply to Never cut corners in your preparation............. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen