Search the forum,

Discuss montolit discs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sean2012

any one used either of these discs before, if so which one would you recommend and why?

Montolit DNA Technology CTX 115mm Diamond Blade

Montolit CG115 PRO-GRES 115 mm Diamond Wheel

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got the pro-gres after hearing good reports about it on here and wasn't disappointed. It cuts brilliantly and I couldn't recommend it highly enough:thumbsup:

Reaction score
I have the squadro ( not sure about the spelling) but a very good blade for what I use it for, cutting out sockets ect in middle of tiles, will be changing to the dna, when my dewalt 24000 disc needs changing, and the same with the grinder to the pro-gres.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've used the pros-gres on the last four jobs that I've done (all porcelain) and it's beginning to fade now. I'm definitely getting another one. They are MUCH faster than using the wet cutter and a lot easier to use too. They're dusty as hell but I always cut outside anyway. I'd love to know how the DNA blade compares though

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
DNA is amazing, you won't believe the difference. Have used a friends on my dewalt and will be purchasing as soon as I'm back from hols. It cuts even the hardest of porcelains like cutting fresh air.

S

sean2012

how long do they last if your a tiler, any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
how long do they last if your a tiler, any idea?
well Sean the one i have on my DE-walt 115 grinder is wearing -out now after about 5 swimming pool mosaic jobs,i have been very pleased with its performance ,i bought mine through Trade tiler, the only thing i want now is a cordless 18v cutter plus three batteries all in a case, but i cant really afford it yet ...............all in time

Reply to montolit discs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen