Search the forum,

Discuss Monkeys, Cheetahs, Rhinos, Twister.....what Do They All Do? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I'm doing some research into diamond pads and I need to need to know what the difference between any of these brands are? If in fact there is a difference.

Do they all do the same thing or is one better than another?

So far I've found Diamond Burnishing pads in the following brands:

Klindex Supershine
KGS Floor pads
Twister
Monkey
Rhino

Then there are the pads that have a different diamond detail such as

HTC Fenix
Cheetah Pads

Questions:-

1/ What are the differences (uses) between the two types?

2/ What are the common sizes of these pads in the UK. 17" seems to be normal but many are available in smaller sizes.

3/ Do you use any of these? If you do - why do you use the particular brand you use?

C

Concrete guy

Nice research well done mate. Do you tend to see them sold at a range of prices too?

I've been chatting with a couple of factories that make these products, some of which look identical to some of the branded items.

We have a few samples coming over for us to play with, the samples are small pads, 100mm & 125mm for use on hand held machines.

These smaller pads are absolutely ideal for use on a Makita polisher to remove small scratches or restore small areas, say a 3 sq/m bathroom floor, that kind of thing.

The 17" pads are for use on larger rotary machines.

Reply to Monkeys, Cheetahs, Rhinos, Twister.....what Do They All Do? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen