Currently reading:
"Metro" tiles in different situations....

Discuss "Metro" tiles in different situations.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

thetileking

"metro" tiles or brick bevelled edge tiles... we must have all tiled at least a couple of these . In my opinion it makes for a great design in any situation. And with more and more colours being available it looks like its a trend thats here to stay.

Questions...

How many have you tiled???
Do you like the look???
Is this trend going to fade out???

some of mine....

Attachments

• WP_000031 (1).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 146
  • V__7E17.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 137
  • WP_000032.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 136
  • WP_000054.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 135
  • WP_000039 (1).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 119
  • WP_000049 (1).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 114

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Ive done loads of these. I love them. I think they look better with a contrasting grout though, they are a timless tile that can really fit in to most houses imo. always contrasting grout for me though ;-)

Funny you say this i stopped at a little chef on the A1 last Sunday (my little boy needed the little boys room) and the washrooms had white metros with red grout. Odd looking at first glance but by the time i had finished :whistling: it had grown on me enough to like it.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I wouldn't tile the sill if you're fixing metros. I think Because of the large bevel on the tile it's one that has to be laid brick fashion, and if it's then laid flat it spoils that brick effect. The window is also one of the feature areas when tiling a kitchen. Lay it out and show the customer first what it would look like. If you tile it and they conclude to the same opinion as me after you're all grouted they then have to look at that sill every time they washe up.

M

Mike

I wouldn't tile the sill if you're fixing metros. I think Because of the large bevel on the tile it's one that has to be laid brick fashion, and if it's then laid flat it spoils that brick effect. The window is also one of the feature areas when tiling a kitchen. Lay it out and show the customer first what it would look like. If you tile it and they conclude to the same opinion as me after you're all grouted they then have to look at that sill every time they washe up.
that's what i thought too, it's a holiday let and although they won't be looking at them every day they'll still want them looking right. cheers

T

Time's Ran Out

No reflection on your tiling Andy but i think they lose all effect when they're not laid brick fashion.

I had to have a closer look at Andy's pictures with your view, and it certainly gives an alternative look to the walls. More of a retro 70's style or like a chocolate bar and the framing of the toilet recess is inspired.
4849.jpg our interpretation of the 'look'.

Reply to "Metro" tiles in different situations.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.