Search the forum,

Discuss marble mosaic query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Brad

Hi all......have a question regarding the laying of marble mosaics.....they are the small rectangular brick-block pattern, dark brown coloured, about 10mm thick. I know that adhesive and grout have the tendency to bleed thru marble if not sealed properly.......i'm using bal white rapid to tile the floor......could i use this for the mosaics on the wall or will the white bleed thru??.....also, is it ok to seal after grouting, or will the grout bleed thru if not sealed before???.......

thanks!!

It won't bleed through if you use a mosaic trowel. You would have to use a rapid setting white adhesive as any other adhesive that is slow setting e.g Bal mosaic fix may stain the marble as it takes a while to set. As Paul says seal before grouting as again the grout may stain the marble if it's not sealed before hand. Seal once more after grouting. Depending on the marble (polished or unpolished) you would need to use a different sealer depending on which one. Good luck :thumbsup:

Reply to marble mosaic query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.