Search the forum,

Discuss let down... misprepresented.. out of their leauge ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3fitter

Took someone on from here, based on their supposed 9 years experience.. and they jacked on the second day.. now when I sent them the PDF plans, spec on tiles and expressed to them, it is a 9 million pound new build, and we agreed a price, it wasn't a problem for the 3 bathrooms.. I noticed on the first morning he expressed that he had tiled wet trays in mosaics, but not in big tiles, ie: never enveloped anything ? I explained this process.. !! before 11am the next day, all the excuses came out, he couldn't earn money here, the substrates were wrong.. the gulleys were 15mm out, blah blah blah.. I paid for a room for him for 5 nights prior to...
end result: I lost the contract for a high end developer that had a project in ST.Georges hill for me afterwards and the 4 nights he didn't stay in the room, he assured me that it was not a problem this job. I won't name him unless he comments and tries to justify himself. I asked him to stick it out and persevere, I was even getting one of my lads to grout for him and lay ditra.
Gutted to say the least..... the proof is in the pudding, chat is cheap..... I told him that he should see this out, just for his own sake, he will feel like a failure, the substrates were fine.. honestly.. he chose not to and jack....

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have project in Weybridge at the moment (St. Georges Hill) :thumbsup: Anyway.... about two years ago, I gave work for one TF member... had to let him go after two days. He said that he is PRO..... After that didn't see him on TF :lol: Who knows, maybe he's under different name here :sofahide:

T

Time's Ran Out

If the rooms still available I could bring the wife down for a couple of days!

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
And never take on a tiler, you don't know, for first project with new contractor ..............(unless you stay on site :sofahide: with him)

T

Turkish tiler

Name and shame him, if it is me I would not let him get away with. Lose money lose future references and jobs who is gonna pay for all.
to be honest I can't be that far gentleman.
don't take the job if you are not capable enough to do it and let people down.
:ban:

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Its very easy to get the work in and win the contracts but finding the right people to do the work/be on your team of fitters representing you/your company and then also get them to keep to your high standards is almost impossible!!

I'm desperately seeking another 1 or 2 tilers to join our busy team but every "professional" tiler I give a chance to turns out to either cost me money through dodgy practice or they walk off the job leaving me looking a right .......

TJ never lets me down though....accept for putting Gold on the radio!!!! Whats that all about????

T

Turkish tiler

Its very easy to get the work in and win the contracts but finding the right people to do the work/be on your team of fitters representing you/your company and then also get them to keep to your high standards is almost impossible!!

I'm desperately seeking another 1 or 2 tilers to join our busy team but every "professional" tiler I give a chance to turns out to either cost me money through dodgy practice or they walk off the job leaving me looking a right .......

TJ never lets me down though....accept for putting Gold on the radio!!!! Whats that all about????

It is not called gold anymore, it is smooth uk now :):)

Reply to let down... misprepresented.. out of their leauge ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen