Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Laying Wood Effect Porcelain - Advice and grout selection in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

£120 inc is that the one? same old same old though, you get what you pay for.

Well I got one of these Paul, need to order a second actually. It's very lightweight, so it doesn't really add any weight to what you're carrying and it's for curved glass which means it'll pick up textured surfaces as well. And it was only £68 and that included pre noon next day delivery. (Wife was off out at 1)
Highly recommend it mate. Stick it to a wall and it'll easily support weight of a 90kg man hanging from it.
We tried it. Haha

CRL Pump Action Glass Lifter for Curved Glass, A3054 - https://www.dortechdirect.co.uk/crl-pump-action-glass-lifter-for-curved-glass.html

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Well I got one of these Paul, need to order a second actually. It's very lightweight, so it doesn't really add any weight to what you're carrying and it's for curved glass which means it'll pick up textured surfaces as well. And it was only £68 and that included pre noon next day delivery. (Wife was off out at 1)
Highly recommend it mate. Stick it to a wall and it'll easily support weight of a 90kg man hanging from it.
We tried it. Haha

CRL Pump Action Glass Lifter for Curved Glass, A3054 - https://www.dortechdirect.co.uk/crl-pump-action-glass-lifter-for-curved-glass.html
That will do for me, cheers Marc. Great price.

Reaction score
Hi All

Getting a big job done on the kitchen come living room. Having wood effect porcelain planks installed. It is part of a renovation of my new house and the builder is looking after most of the work. He will have his tiler do the work, but just wanted to check in here with the experts to make sure all is done properly. (Im in Ireland by the way).

1. We are going for a 2mm joint, im told that anything else is not advisable. We dont want to go larger as I prefer the look of the narrow grout line.
2. We are going with a 33% overlap, as I have seen this recommended.
3. I need to source the best quality grout (the builder is getting the adhesive). Is Mapei Ultracolor plus a good choice?? ( I assume this is a flexible grout?)
4. Any advice on choosing a grout colour?

Thanks
Hi buck fast.
I'm actually in Meath! On the grout colour, it's completely up to you. If the planks are lighter I have actually grouted them with bal gun metal which is a light grey. It looked really good actually, surprised me a little! Get a lend of one of the grout books/ samples from a tubs and tiles shop and match it up against the tiles to be sure your going to be happy. Good luck!

Reply to Laying Wood Effect Porcelain - Advice and grout selection in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks