Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Large Videos Coming Soon! :D in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Just for a heads up are there likely to be any glitches during the hosting transition

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah. Lol

We are using the plumbers as guinea pigs so they have problems right now loading some images.

This means we will shift those over first on tilers and electricians. So actually, you shouldn't notice a single thing when I do here.

It's taking about 12 hours to do plumbers though so I am thinking one forum per week so we can really test things out and iron out any glitches.

So now I'm thinking this forum should be last because if it upsets my new JOTM system I've spent weeks coding, I will hit the roof. Lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
🤣🤣 You don’t have patience to wait a week!
Yeah I thought that as I wrote it lol

Let's see what problems we overcome first. The videos don't seem to by using FFMpeg to pull in a thumbnail image from the video. So need to use some clever coding to do that. I aren't going move ahead with the other forums until we've got plumbers right. So it's quicker and less painful once we do it for these forums.

They were last to transfer over to the new software, so haven't had any relaxing time yet lol I keep launching stuff on them. :D

O

Old Mod

@Dan If it’s easy to do, think that the resolution on thumbnails here should be increased to where they were on old software and Praps do away with full image here. Members can always download it if they want it.
currently it’s hard to read txt on thumbnails and as you know full images really drag a page down in speed.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
@Dan If it’s easy to do, think that the resolution on thumbnails here should be increased to where they were on old software and Praps do away with full image here. Members can always download it if they want it.
currently it’s hard to read txt on thumbnails and as you know full images really drag a page down in speed.
Who is reading text on a thumbnail? lol

O

Old Mod

Who is reading text on a thumbnail? lol
No, I always upload thumbnails because of what full images do to a page. Do you know how long it takes to view something like ‘Random pic of the day’ when you’re using a data signal instead of WiFi? 🙈

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bet my lunchtime burger was a disappointment when it loaded then. 😂

D

Dumbo

QUOTE="3_fall, post: 959401, member: 42603"]
No, I always upload thumbnails because of what full images do to a page. Do you know how long it takes to view something like ‘Random pic of the day’ when you’re using a data signal instead of WiFi? 🙈
[/QUOTE]
You wanna live in the countryside 2g on a good day with the wind blowing in the right direction , data signal what's that all about

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm reloading the images in threads as attachments. Not sure it'll catch them all. Will see once it's done.

It'll then use 'lightbox' (we've got that running already in some scenarios) to view images separate from the main thread etc.

Reply to Large Videos Coming Soon! :D in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks